Log into your cPanel account. 2.
In the "Software and Services
" section, click on "Softaculous
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.4.
On the left side of your screen you should locate the "Forums
" category. Click on it and then click on the "XMB
" link that will appear.5.
Click on the "Install
Fill the necessary field under the "Software Setup
- Choose Protocol: You can leave this as it is.
- Choose Domain: If you don't have multiple domains, leave this as it is.
- In Directory: If you want to install this in a directory, for example example.com/forum, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave this blank to install in your main domain example.com
Enter the following details under the "Site Settings
- Site Name: Name of your Forum like "Your Domain Name - My Forum Name"
Under the "Admin Account
" field enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new XMB username (for security reason do not use the "Administrator" or the "Admin" username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc)
Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your XMB Forum.9. Advanced Options: Leave
this as it is, unless you want to change the database name or take an
automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a
lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of page and click on the Install Button.